View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 04:30 PM   #55
Truckstr

Thumbs up Re: How Much Interest: 13" Big Brake Upgrade

I'm interested, SCOTI. I've been contemplating a "poor man's" performance brake system for a while now. You mentioned the price of some of the "kits" out there. Yeah, I know. Whew!

I first became really interested when I saw what Stacey David did with project Copperhead. He initially installed the very same Early Classic dropped spindles that I have. I was psyched - but then he went back and installed a Baer Eradispeed "kit". Real nice, but… the price! That's led me in other directions.

So, bottomline, I'm interested - but with a "qualifier" (and it doesn't just involve price either). If I have to go turning down the spindles to install some other hub, I'm afraid I'd have to say the deal's off. But, if I could be assured of a reliable (as in well engineered) caliper mounting bracket (and, yes, I know I'd probably have to cut off the existing caliper mounts), a true bolt-on hub with separate disc hat and good calipers (buy, using junk yard cores as trade-ins for the new ones maybe?) - all reasonably priced and available, then I'm all in. THEN, it comes down to price.

'67 short Fleet; my ongoing project.
'66 long Fleet; my original "baby."

Live life or bust trying.
Truckstr is offline   Reply With Quote