View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 12:34 AM   #35
OrrieG

Re: Lurker OrrieG Progress Pics

My transfer is a NP203 that came out of a 74 K10. It was supposed to be the originals trans, I drove the truck before it was taken out. I ran it before this rebuild without the bracket. Researching I found it is supposed to keep the heavy transfer case, which is essentially hanging from the back of the transmission, from torqueing and breaking the auto trans case. The TH350 is prone to cracking from the passenger side bellhousing down to the cooling fluid connections. I run a brace from the drivers side engine mount boss to the frame to limit engine movement under power, loading and unloading the throttle when hill climbing causes the engine to rotate back and forth which stresses the transmission case.

To post pictures you need to click "Go Advanced", "Manage attachments", "Browse" then find the photo on your computer, memory card, etc. Click "Upload" wait for the picture(s) to show up then close the box and post the reply. If the photo file is too large you get an error message. Took me a couple of trys to get the right sizes. Let me know how the bracket works out. Patrick
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote