Thread: blew up
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #9
'68 longbed

Re: blew up

confused!!

I finally picked up the truck today from where i left it. filled the radiator, and drove it down the road. doesn't seem to be losing water anywhere internaly or externally.

i only drove it about 10 miles but doesn't seem to be getting hot at all and very little pressure on the cap when I popped it.

the primary reason i figured the head gasget blew was because of the steam blowing out from the valve covers....maybe it was just burning oil smoke???

the radiatior has never had coolant in it only water and until today it's always been clear. today the radiator was basically empty and after filling there is a rust color and a little white foam that is a little heavier than the consistancy of a head on a beer.

the water flow when it's running, and doesn't seem to be boiling or bubbling....

I sure hate to tear into this motor If i don't have to, and especially don't want to spend anymore money on it if I don't have to.

anybody have an idea? or am I just trying to be too optimistic that a head gasket isn't blown?
'68 longbed is offline   Reply With Quote