View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 05:10 PM   #28
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

Re: Restortation Complete - 67 Shorty 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by beermunk View Post
That is a damn fine truck!!! So you did all the painting by yourself? Can I ask how that turns out without having an oven?
Yea, I bought an Iwata paint gun and went at it. And if you are like me it turns out marginally ok out of the gun, but then you cut and buff it for a week or so and it can be fairly flat and shiny. I read a quote before that said "buffers win car shows not painters", I now understand that comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanelDeland View Post
Great looking truck.You do good work.Now I just have one question? How did you and the Mrs.find time to get preggers with you thrashing on the truck that much?
Thanks, the bodywork and paint took many many more hours than it would have an experienced guy, but I just kept working on it until I thought I couldn't make any further improvements.

How do we get preggers when I am in the garage? IIRC, I think she made me come inside one night to shower and then proceeded to take advantage of me... .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Thumbs up !! Nice truck !! It takes a lot of work but the comments you'll get when driving it around are something you would never get when driving any new vehicle.
So true. Its fun to turn a few heads... The other side of that equation though; the second time I drove it, one of the cities finest turned right around to follow me back through town, didn't pull me over but probably checked that I was registered and insured, good thing I was. I haven't had a speeding ticket for at least 15 years, hopefully I can keep that streak going .