View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 04:51 PM   #303
Frizzle Fry

Re: Joined the Short Wheelbase Club *69 Tahoe Project*

Thanks guys.

I was getting sea sick with no swaybars so I had to make getting them back on a priority. I don't know how anyone can stand it without them

So for the front I cut 1-1/8" off the ends of the bar. Without doing so the bar ends would touch the bags when sitting low. I also made some "brackets" to hang the bar down from a the fame a bit (was mounted directly to the frame before). The ECE brackets would probably work fine here, but these could be here TODAY

The reason I have to use brackets now is that the bags allow it to go low enough to cause interference between the bar and steering/pitman arms. Now with these brackets installed the cotter pins on the castle nuts almost touch the bar when fully aired out and steering at one lock or the other (sorry no pics of that). I can live with that because #1 I won't be driving aired-out and #2 I won't be turning the wheels to full lock when aired-out and #3 it doesn't touch .

Here's the pics of that:

I also found that the rear was hanging up on the right side. The ECE Super-track Bar bracket was hitting part of the notch. So I moved the bracket from above the lowering block to under the lowering block, trimmed the bracket, and trimmed the notch where the inner plate was hanging over (notch not yet trimmed in this pic):

That got me down lower in the rear. In fact it's at the point now where the gas tank will touch the ground before the suspension bottoms out (time for some bigger wheels):

Last edited by Frizzle Fry; 07-25-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote