View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 11:36 PM   #9
Aarons72s

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

Well I got 2 so 2 stories.

The orange and white has been in the family since 73. As far back as I can rember I loved the truck and told my parents it was my truck! They would ask me ocasionally if I still wanted it when I got older and I always said yes. Its been mine ever since I turned 16 and got my license. I drove it till late 2000 when the motor gave up the ghost.

I then began searching for a driver for me while I rebuild the orange and white. Started looking but most were to expensive or were basket cases. I had just about finished off the 85 dodge aries we had. Which was my daily after the orange and white died. My dad worked with a guy that had a private junk yard slash storage yard. I went out there to look at a 65 he had that he just got. But it was a basket case. Then he happened to mention that a kid came buy and wanted to sell him a 72 green and white cheyenne super.

So I got the kids name and number and called him. We met him at a grochery store where he took us to look at the truck. We get there and there is this fairly straight and 95% rust free 72 sitting there. He wanted $2,500 for it. And I was sold in about five minutes.

This surprised the kid as the truck only could run about 4 minutes before dying. But he could never figure out what was wrong. He had replaced the carb, fuel pump and fuel hoses but couldnt figure it out. After I bought it I told him the fuel sock was clogged, which that was the problem. That is the story how I my 2 72's.
Aarons72s is offline   Reply With Quote