View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #22
69rut

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

My wife has always wanted a truck so I told her that would be my next project. Being it would be hers, I let her decide what she wanted. At a car show we saw a whole row of 67-72 Chevys and the choice was made.

Enter a co-worker and a leaky radiator. Since she lived far away, I agreed to follow her home after work. Lo and behold her husband had a 1969 stepside sitting in the yard. I told my friend that I would like the truck one day. She told her husband who decided it was time to get rid of the old truck. After purchasing a replacement, he drove the '69 to my house and handed me the keys.

Now this truck is no cream puff, it has lots of rust. But I have lots of time and my welding skills are improving. So far I have replaced the floor, cab corners, rockers, and front fender mounting tab. The cowl has just recently been fixed as well. I have already purchased a parts truck and have removed the disc brakes, power booster/master cylinder, power steering box, and auto column. I also have a '97 V-6 with 4l60e and the complete wiring harness.