View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 10:19 AM   #24
1967C20

Re: How did you find your Truck -and-Why did you buy your truck?

I bought my truck two weeks before I got married in 1994. My wife laughed like crazy when she first saw it and it's been the butt of many a joke in my wifes family over the years. Kind of surprising considering her dad was a farmer and had an ugly (but mechanically sound) collection of trucks, tractors, and other equipment. At the time, I had been wanting an old truck for a while ( I missed my Corvair and my Rambler American which I had sold some years earlier) and had set about finding a 67-68 Chevy. I found it in the local Truck Trader Magazine about 10 miles from where I lived. The original owner had a slide in camper and used the truck to camp and fish at the beach. After he passed away, the truck went to his brother who then sold it to his grandson to drive to college. The grandson did a driveway repaint in puke blue which had faded considerably by the time I found it so this was one ugly truck. The odometer said 67,000 original miles, the body was straight with almost no rust, and when I drove it was tight and strong. I cut a deal right there on the spot. I think I paid $1500? Can't remember exactly. The wife and the truck have both been keepers.

1967 C20 Custom Camper, 327, Powerglide, PS, PB, No-Spin Locker
1967C20 is offline   Reply With Quote