View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: Gringoloco's GenIII 6point-oh build

That's what it looks like now, after disassembly, cleaning, honing, more cleaning, new bearings/rings, a coat of paint, and reassembly. Waiting on my heads and cam now.

I also started tearing into the harness. I figure for $600 for an aftermarket harness, I can do this on my own. It really is pretty simple once you get into it. The harness is basically stand-alone already, you just need 4 fuses and 3 relays added to make it run. I will take some time and reroute it while it's apart because the way the trucks harness is from the factory runs over the intake and to the fenderwell- UGLY.

It's much more manageable when it's not balled up on top of the motor. I got it pared down to only what is needed to run. Out of the 160 pins on the ECM, I will only need 52! For whatever reason, the only tape I could find while labeling the harness was expensive a$$ blue painter's tape. At least it wasn't the green stuff... The box of wires is what I deleted from the harness.

Here's also a pic also of the engine that's coming out. It's actually a pretty good running little 350ci. I think I'm gonna put it in my truck. My ol'lady asked me why I was doing this when the truck already has a perfectly good engine. I asked her why she needs so many pairs of shoes... They'll never get it, I guess.
Attached Images

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 08-07-2007 at 08:48 AM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote