View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 02:32 PM   #19
PBFAB.COM

Re: porterbuilt dropmember questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by edflores View Post
ok so i came up with some more questions.
what rack and pinion do you use?? mustang 2??
has anyone ordered their with the manual steering?? did they like it?
what size tires will it lay on with out drop spindles??
do the air ride arms give more travel than the stock ones??
Here's the answers...

-The rack is a MII from model years 1979-1993
-We have a couple trucks running around here locally that have manual racks... they also have larger "old school" looking steering wheels. It takes a little strength in parking lots, but it's a guarantee that your wife/girlfriend will NEVER ask or want to drive your truck . The difference in the two while driving is that the manual rack allows you to "feel" the road quite a bit more.
-You can lay a 29" tall tire.
-The Strong Arms do not give more travel than factory arms... just cleaner appearance and some caster advantage. On the square bodies (73-87) I recommend the tubular uppers for clearance purposes.

I am in the middle of the Dropmember install on the white 78. I started at 9:30 my time this morning (I am currently taking my lunch break). I have all the factory components removed from the truck and am ready to start installing the Dropmember itself. I drove the truck into the bay this morning, and should have the front installed within the next few hours. The KP rear six-link with watt's will begin either tomorrow or Monday.

Phone: 480-297-2621

E-mail: sales@pbfab.com

Find us on FaceBook under Porterbuilt Fabrication

Specializing in Chassis and Suspension Components for your Classic Chevrolet Truck.

We offer components from the following manufacturers:

Porterbuilt
Accuair
Ridetech (Air Ride Technologies)
Air Lift
Wilwood
Intro
Unisteer
ECE
Gotta Show
Air Lift
Borgeson