View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
OldschoolJay

70 GMC beater ride

hey guys, picke dup the 70 yesterday. has a 307 with a eddlebrock intake, quadrajet 4brl, cam, double roller timing chain, thorley headers, electronic ignition.
the truck has coils on all 4, and is the custom version. so it has all the trim.
plans are,
drop it pretty low, steel wheels painted bright green, flat black paint, remove all trim, remove rear bumper, remove mirrors and replace with a peep, and drive the piss out of it whil i work on getting my 50 dodge truck on the road. i took the trim off the box today, as well as the pass side mirror, and one of the mufflers was shot so i through a new cherrybomb on it. sorted out some light issues. truck works good with the 3spd stick on the floor.
hope to have the rest of the trim off tomorw and get iot ready for mid week painting. using teh flat black tremclad with a foam roller. wanted to try this method out, thought this was the perfect canvas.
here's some pics, i will update as i go.

whats a good bench seat with a centre consol that flips up that is a good size for a swap?
is there a smaller profil lense covers for the roof lights? not fond of them, but what can ya do?

1974 toyota corolla
OldschoolJay is offline   Reply With Quote