View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
drivethechevy

my 69 70 and 68 project

im in high school and im restoring my frist truck bymyself and my second truck ever, my frist truck was helping my dad rerestore his 1971 c/10 custom deluxe 4x4 which is my dream truck and nowing that someday it will be mine is amazing, but about my project.
last spring i bought a 1968 chevy c20 from a farmer near my grandparents and its in really rough condition but for $50 dollars it makes the perfect daily driver. and its great for donating parts to the truck im restoring
the truck that i am restoring is gonna be somewhat mix matched year wise but thats not a big deal to me, its a product of 4 trucks for parts not counting what ever i get from my daily driver, the frame is from a 69 the front end and the box are from a 68 and the cab is a 70 im putting the front suspension from a 73-87 in it so i have disk brakes. the truck will be 2wd with a mild performance built 350 it will be lowered and be flat black with 2 gloss white racing stripes on the hood and tailgate and it has a wood bed heres pics of where i was at a few weeks ago with the frame and pics of the trucks parts are coming from

the green 68 is my dd and the yellow 69 is the frame donor everything else was to far gone for me to want to mess with
this is the 68 that to front clip and box are coming from alongwith alot of other micilaneous parts
this is the 70 where the cab and more parts ar coming from its a nebraska truck so its really clean, this truck i have yet to pick up and pay for
this is a pic of the 69's frame its a c10 2wd frame, this pic is a couple weeks old right now im in the process of putting the front suspension and disks on the front and the bed is off and the frame is all cleaned up and almost ready to be sandblasted and painted

i will try and get some more pics up to show my progress but i dont have a camera to use very often

1971 chevy k10 custom deluxe
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=341257
1968 chevy k/10 fleet
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=334731
1948 desoto custom coupe fluid drive(family heirloom)

Last edited by drivethechevy; 11-03-2007 at 11:05 PM. Reason: fixed a photo
drivethechevy is offline   Reply With Quote