View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: Low oil pressure.

Let me tell you a story and I have had this happen more than once on my 91 Silverado 5.7 motor.

Just about once a year, I usually get an indication of low oil pressure or the oil pressure gauge bounces up and down on the dash. I even hooked up a manual gauge to the engine and read out that the oil pressure was still good. I have purchased more than one oil pressure sending units and found that sometimes the problem would correct itself or sometimes not. I finally got mad and took the dash (Instrument panel only ) out and was going to find another dash unit at a salvage yard to replace it. I had to get the series number off of the instrument panel to match at the yard, so when I put the instrument panel back in to allow driving to the yard, the problem went away. I found that cleaning and reseating the dash electical plug (big copper slotted junction) the problem with my oil pressure dissapated. Take that as another possible avenue for your problem. I would however, try a new pressure sending unit, also.

Last edited by piecesparts; 12-10-2007 at 11:29 AM.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote