View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #50
topnos

Re: Mean Green "Bob County Edition" Build

Just a quick update, but pictures will be provided this weekend. Currently, the engine runs and sounds really good. A couple of issues to work out: set timing (only set by ear), fix the temp gauge (goes to hot real quick but the gauge at the radiator only reads about 150-170 and the t-stat opens and the water pump is working), hook up transmission shift linkage, and button up all of the loose ends. Most of the interior is done, except for the interior light circuit (which can't be completed until the doors are hung), seat install, stereo box, etc.... Just little things that tend to be time consuming, but minor in detail to the grand scheme of things. I dropped the truck off this morning to get the alignment done, and it will go back to the body shop afterwards for touch up and final installationof the hood, doors, and bed. Pictures will be uploaded this weekend to let you gus see how things are coming, and hopefully it will look more like a truck by then.

My father-in-law is still oblivious to this present, but I would like some ideas on how to give it to him on Christmas. What do you think about the following options:
1. leave to go get ice and bring it back leaving a couple of marks down the street.
2. raise the garage door while it is started and pump the throttle as the door goes up.
3. open the garage door and have him remove the car/truck cover, with a big bow on the cover
4. have him go to the garage to take out some trash with the grandkids in the garage

Any ideas or suggestions for a great Christmas delivery will be truly appreciated.

Until the weekend.
topnos is offline   Reply With Quote