View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
shifty
Questionable

Re: LS1 swap. What oil pan did you use?

I should reiterate that I used the ECE mounts. They put the engine closer to the radiator core support, so it looks like the truck pan is meant to be. other mount kits i've seen to bolt the GenIII engines into our trucks will put the engine back anywhere from 1"-3" back towards the firewall, which might make it look like less of a "meant to be" fit. With that said. if you get one of these "other" non-ECE kits, chances are you can sneak by using an unmodified F-Body pan. Being that those "other" kits only cost $100-150 versus the $250 that ECE wants for their nice, beefy, read-to-bolt-in kits, you could probably save anywhere from $200-500 going with an "other" mount kit and the stock F-Body pan.

just some additional thoughts, after sitting on this for a couple days. Believe me ... i spent at least $1500-2000 *more* than what i needed to in order to finish my swap, and i only made back about 2/3 of that money re-selling crap i thought i needed but didn't.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote