View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
WestButteTruck
Kung Fu Master

Re: Add Steering wheel controls to your 03-06 Chevy

"This is what I understand must be done to add rpo code UK3 redundant radio controls. The dealer must call the techline support center. This is not the same as TAC. Techline is for software programming...ect. They need to explain what they are doing and request a 2 VCI numbers. A VCI number is a new calibration code which will allow your controllers to turn on the radio and DIC controls. they need to get a code for the IPC and one for the TBC. They will then request info from your truck with their Tech 2 handheld device. They then thke the Tech 2 to their PC loaded with TIS2000 and perform a SPS programming function using the VCI numbers. This will load the calibration into the Tech 2. They then take the Tech 2 back to your truck and load the new calibration into the truck. They will need to go through this process twice, once for the IPC and again for the TBC using the new VCI numbers."

This is what the dealer does for you. Mine didn't understand until I brought them in this exact quote from another forum. Half hour labor was all it took.