Thread: 700R4 ?'s
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2002, 10:13 AM   #14
Blue68

1. Best thing to do is measure it. Just take the opportunity to replace all the u-joints while it's being shortened.
2. No. You'll have to move it back some.
3. Yes. I don't know about the linkage on the automatic trucks. But I'm running a Kugel arm on my 700r4 with a 3sp column.
4. Yes, buy you may have to get the drive gears in the back of the tranny to match your tire height and rear end ratio. Bowtie overdrives can help you out real quick there.
5. Lockup. At speed, in top gear, the torque converter will be slipping more than when the engine is revved, since slip equals heat, lock it up.
6. Don't count on a mpg jump. You might get one or two mpg depending on driving habits. Do it for the lower rpms at cruise and the lower first gear.

------------------
'68 C-10 LWB, '98 Z-71 350 w/accessories (Serpentine), Edelbrock Performer, Edelbrock 1405 (600cfm) carb, GM HEI, CompCam Extreme 4x4 roller cam, Thorley Headers, Carter Electric Fuel Pump, Vintage Air, 700r4, 3.73, disc brakes and power steering upgrades.

Way too much money and time..But it's a hobby.

'68 C-10 LWB, '98 Z-71 350 w/accessories (Serpentine), Edelbrock Performer, Edelbrock 1405 (600cfm) carb, GM HEI, CompCam Extreme 4x4 roller cam, Thorley Headers, Carter Electric Fuel Pump, Vintage Air, 700r4, 3.73, disc brakes and power steering upgrades.
Blue68 is offline   Reply With Quote