View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #73
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Well, I had every intention of getting a lot of work done today. I go out to the garage, do a little cutting to get the back edge of the piece refered to above to sit down nice and flush. Then I start welding, and the welds look like crap....check the guages on the gas bottle for the MIG....0...doh! So I make a phone call, and find that one of the welding places is open on Saturdays. Meanwhile my wife is on the phone with our friends and they want to meet up to talk about going on a vacation. So we go get the gas, then meet with them and end up eating dinner with them after discussing vacations. On our way home we make a pit stop at autozone to return the pickle fork and got the correct pitman arm puller.

When I got home I pulled off the pitman arm real quick (man it was easy with the right tool).

Then I got on the internet to do some reading....I'm in the process of tuning my corvette with HPtuner...so I'm learning (will also apply the same knowledge to the 5.3L when I get it up and running...so it's a good education). So after figuring out what I was doing wrong, we made an ice cream run to test out the new tune. And now I"m back....and its 11pm......maybe tomorrow.

Oh yeah, here very shortly progress on the truck is going to slow down even more (is that possible?) I'm taking the Professional Engineers Exam in April, so I'll be spending time studying for that. Oh, and when I'm not studying, I'll be working out cause we're going to Hawaii on our vacation (see above ) Can't go to Hawaii with the extra winter padding....don't need it for warmth over there.

Hopefully I'll still be able to get a few hours of work on the truck in on the weekends as a study break.

Last edited by Ackattack; 04-08-2008 at 04:38 AM.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote