View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 11:53 PM   #3
jmanz69
Careful, they attack...

Your speakers can most definately handle your head unit. You are probably turning your bass ALL the way up as most people do when they want more bass. Well, a 6X9 speaker is not a good design to get bas out of. If you want bass you really should go to a subwoofer. It's that simple. The power rating on the head unit is in max power, which means if lightning were to strike your antenna you would have that. If you were to rate it at the RMS power(useable) it will be less, but clean. If you are blowing your speaker, it is most likely because of distortion at the max volume level. Most radio's will start distorting at 3/4 volume. it sounds louder, but is very bad for speakers. SOny speakers are good, but not the best. You pay for the name Sony. Your best plan would be to get a set of components (6" woofer and tweeter) and mount them and then get a small sub under a seat. You will never have really good bass in these trucks, cuz there just isn't room for all the right equipment without moving the gas tank. I had a set of Pioneer 6X9 4 ways, and I loved them, but you have to know their limitations. Good luck. I am sure others will have ideas that may help you too.
jmanz69 is offline   Reply With Quote