View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 06:27 AM   #5
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

I've just replaced the pair of cheap 6" pioneers as fitted by the previous owner with a set of 300 watt 3 way JBL 6"x9"s (the door was already cut for 6x9's under the plastic panels that the pioneers were mounted in, by a previous previous owner) The sound difference is amazing, the only downside is that they are at the back edge of the door so are muffled slightly by the seat. One thing I do want to get is something I saw for sale at Crutchfield.com, its a 6x9 rubber boot that you fit the speaker into and then fit it into the door, completely protects it from any moisture. Just gotta see if I can get something similar in the UK.

I also have a set of 4" 2 way JBL's that I'm going to mount on the kick panels as soon as I can get some pods, can't wait! At the moment I don't have any front speakers at all.

I just have a Panasonic CD head unit that puts out 4 x 35w but for the moment it's fine for me. The old speakers meant that I had some distortion as I had to crank it up a bit at higher speeds to hear anything over the engine noise/induction roar and wind noise.

I can thoroughly reccomend JBL's as they work fine with my relatively low powered head and sound great! They weren't that pricey either (£100 sterling for the 6x9's and the 4"s)

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote