View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 11:16 PM   #21
lukecp
Formerly yellow72custom

Wow...there are a lot of replies to this post. I have a few more questions. Before i was thinking of mounting the 6x9's in my doors if i get them, but then i rememberd how much loose stuff there is to rattle in the doors of my 31 year old truck. So, i was thinking of mounting the 6x9's under the seat. If i mounted them under the seat, as far back as towards the gas tank as i could get them, would they sound pretty good?

Also, i have some questions about setting up the amp. My CD player has outlets on the back to run a set of RCA cables to a amp, and another smaller wire that goes to the amp. If i get a 4 channel amp, could i hook up the 2 6x9's, and maybe one 8" or 10" sub to the amp? And, i missed out on what exactly the equalizer does. And, my final question, is there room under the seat for a 8" or 10" sub? I could make my own box no problem. If i get the 6x9" speakers, i would have to mount the sub on the hump (maybe 1" or 1.5" higher than the rest of the floor).
Thanks for all the help!
lukecp is offline   Reply With Quote