View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #48
BigSky71
LAIDOUT

Re: speaker placement

Yea, I know those speakers can sound better than they do right now. I have the crossovers inside the enclosure behind the mids. Because they are right there I didn't have to use much wire. I can't remember what I set my crossovers to but I can pull the mids out and see. Those kick panels are easy enough to build I think I will build a new set that are taller and move the tweeters to the front side. I never thought about the air space being too much, I guess that will happen with the way I turned the mids towards the drivers seat.

I am running the 100x2 amp off on set the RCAs, not sure if they are divided front channel or not [can't remember, truck is storage]. I have my 1000w Kicker running off the sub out RCAs which run four 10" Elemental Designs 10s behind the seat, sealed box 1.5 cubic feet. I am happy with the sub output, just need to mount that box properly this Spring.

I have found the Kenwood head unit to have alot of tuning possibilities. I will read that article and find out what I am supposed to send to those mids and tweeters, thanks for the link. I played around with that tuning alot and found that my fronts sounded better with the head unit crossover moved up from stock [eliminating some of the mid tones I think]. That may be because those kicks are too large. When I build them again do I need to maintain the "towards the driver" angle of the 6.5"s. I could create a little less air space if I flattened out the way they are mounted.

Thanks for the help. I know that setup can sound good I just need to get it right.