View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #43
jkade

Re: LS1 swap. What oil pan did you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Farmtruck View Post
I think you need to lighten up, I meant it in jest, but since you challenge me, here goes:

I posted the link to the general site, prompting the thread user to type in the part # since the search function does not allow direct links to the searches, I for got that in my original post in my excitement to help but realized that fact and updated my post.

The pan kit comes with sensor, bolts, and gasket. (I saw you edited your post on the bolts.)
Here is a break down of the cost of the ls1 pan kit with windage tray and pick up tube:

LS1 F-body oil pan = 12558762 $167.34
LS1 F-body oil pump pickup = 12558251 $28.99
LS1 F-body windage tray = 12558253 $15.06

Grand TTL: $211.39 + shipping, which is alot better than buying used stuff from some yahoo on ls1tech. That was my point.

I posted only to help, I did not figure the "working from scratch" viewpoint that a transplant involves. I have built, tuned, and raced LSX motors since they were new.
Just don't be calling B.S. and we will get along fine So I figured I saved a good $60 + by buying one used and money saved is fine with me. Your post came across as being a smart a$$ so I reacted in a way I thought was equal to your post. You may be a member of ls1.tech, or pro touring or some of the other sites where being a smart a$$ is cool but people over here don't care for it much and when people over here start acting like them I will stay clear of this site also. FYI most gm dealerships will match the gmpartsdirect.com site so you can save the shipping and get it local. I went back and looked and found the price I wrote down when I was needing a pan from gm and it was $197 then for just the pan so they have come down in price. No harm no foul 71farmtruck

Last edited by jkade; 03-26-2008 at 04:50 PM.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote