View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 12:25 AM   #46
shifty
Questionable

Thumbs down Re: LS1 swap. What oil pan did you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Farmtruck View Post

Parts direct is great ...
... if you like getting your ass pounded. They're a nightmare to deal with. You can't talk to a human, you pay $100 less than the dealership for parts, but 10x the shipping (shipping on that pan is probably $65). In the long run, you're barely breaking even, and sometimes paying more by using GMPD.

To boot, when I bought my truck pan, dipstick, pickup from them, they sent it in an oversize box with barely any padding, it rattled around so much it had a hole the size of a baseball in it, some of the bolts were missing, the pan was damaged.

It was clearly their fault, but it took almost 3 days to get in touch with someone there just to get a claim filed and get new parts shipped out AND THEY BLAMED THE DELIVERY PERSON. It was their shoddy packaging. I told FedEx straight up, it was the deliverer's grossly inappropriate package that caused the problem.

Scary part? They probably re-sold the pan to someone else.

I dunno about you, but If I have a choice between buying online and paying 20% less for parts, but 150% more for shipping, or buying locally, guess what I'm going to do?

AVOID GMPD!!!

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 03-27-2008 at 12:25 AM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote