View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 06:19 AM   #183
SCOTI

Re: How Much Interest: 13" Big Brake Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyjohn View Post
progress?
Unfortunately, yes but no.

I finished up the assembly of the Dropmember front suspension but had to throw some stock 12" rotors on the front end just to make it a roller & load it up on my trailer where it sits now (to get the city off my arse).

We did mount the brakes w/wheels late one night & they look sweet. Most guys want the cross-drilled 'bling' but I like the big-rotors w/o the bling so mine are solid/un-drilled.

I get one day each weekend ususally to get things accomplished so time is scarce. I now have to borrow a truck..... to move the trailer.... to unload my truck.... so I can push it back up into the driveway to work on it. When I'm done, I get to load it back up again. You can see where most of the time goes.

My next plan is to get an air-over leaf set-up & a hidden-hitch for my 74 so I can move the trailer w/o having to coordinate time w/outside help.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote