View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #186
SCOTI

Re: How Much Interest: 13" Big Brake Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN View Post
The Latest Update with CPP’s 13” Brake Kit;

We just finished all the official testing on the CPP 13” kit. The official data will be published in Classic Trucks magazine. I can not give you the details on how it went, but I can tell you we stopped in about 1/3 less distance than before, when it had the 12” disc front and the big drum rear. The truck we tested is a heavy half. We even out stopped all but 1 of the cars that were being tested that day. The only car to out stop us was on 14” rotors, 6 piston calipers, and sticky tires. In fact all of the “race” cars had at least 13” rotors, and very sticky tires. Their test driver commented that the truck was the easiest to drive at the limits. All of the “race” cars required a lot of driver control, most wanted to spin out during every maneuver being tested. During the brake testing in the truck he actually let go of the steering wheel, and stopped perfectly straight. None of the other cars could come even close to stopping straight on their own.

Danny Nix
CPP
Gee . . ... Thanks for being there when I tried to get this going a year ago.

Why can't you give the details of how it went?
What options does the CPP kit come with?
What parts are available independently?
Will you offer both stock & dropped spindle kits?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 03-29-2008 at 09:13 PM.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote