View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #193
SCOTI

Re: How Much Interest: 13" Big Brake Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN View Post
I am not here to start a fight, or bash some else. I am sharing information and answering questions.

Isn’t the forum about sharing information and helping people be informed about their trucks? What if you just bought a brand X brake kit for $6K and found out that the CPP kit out performed it and cost $1K. Would you feel happy about dropping the extra $5K while you buddy new the other kit was available?

If you want to drop $6k on brand X then do it. I say to each his own. I am proud of the results from my brake kit. I believe that when it comes down to the “bang for the buck” it is very hard to beat this kit. This kind of completion is what drives engineers to create better products.

Again, I am not bashing anybody’s product, or how much they charge you for it. I want to share my joy on a successful track day, and let the truck community know they have options. As far as I know, no one else has made a spindle with the purpose of allowing the customer to bolt on ANY BRAND of brake they choose.

Danny Nix
CPP
Perhaps CPP should work on their internal communication then.

As I've stated in a previous thread, I have used CPP products & would consider myself a loyal customer. This was one reason I approached CPP about creating a big brake kit for classic Chevy trucks back during the early marketing of the 'car' kits. I was told there were no plans to make such a kit available for the trucks.

I'm all for competition as well. But I'm guessing you guys wouldn't like someone from Baer mentioning their goods on a post one of you generated about your new brake kits..... regardless of the price.

This thread was created to show there was interest. I found those "engineers willing to create better products" (specifically cheap/optioned big brake kits), they just weren't w/CPP. I am glad CPP saw the market potential of upgraded brake kits for these old trucks beyond what they already offered. Variety is a good thing for the car/truck enthusiast.

FWIW..... I also tried to get just a trailing arm bracket for one of your Super Track Bar kits but was told I had to purchase the entire kit for just the one bracket. I explained that my truck had been broken into & misc parts were stolen (one of which was that trailing arm bracket). I even asked if I could get an extra bracket if I purchased an entire kit to show good faith..... CPP's response . . .... "can't do it". Some flexibility would have gone a long way. I told the guy I would just make my own vs. buying the CPP kit again.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote