View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 12:10 AM   #194
DKN

Re: How Much Interest: 13" Big Brake Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Perhaps CPP should work on their internal communication then.

As I've stated in a previous thread, I have used CPP products & would consider myself a loyal customer. This was one reason I approached CPP about creating a big brake kit for classic Chevy trucks back during the early marketing of the 'car' kits. I was told there were no plans to make such a kit available for the trucks.

I'm all for competition as well. But I'm guessing you guys wouldn't like someone from Baer mentioning their goods on a post one of you generated about your new brake kits..... regardless of the price.

This thread was created to show there was interest. I found those "engineers willing to create better products" (specifically cheap/optioned big brake kits), they just weren't w/CPP. I am glad CPP saw the market potential of upgraded brake kits for these old trucks beyond what they already offered. Variety is a good thing for the car/truck enthusiast.

FWIW..... I also tried to get just a trailing arm bracket for one of your Super Track Bar kits but was told I had to purchase the entire kit for just the one bracket. I explained that my truck had been broken into & misc parts were stolen (one of which was that trailing arm bracket). I even asked if I could get an extra bracket if I purchased an entire kit to show good faith..... CPP's response . . .... "can't do it". Some flexibility would have gone a long way. I told the guy I would just make my own vs. buying the CPP kit again.
I do not know who you talked to about the possibility of a CPP 13” kit. In the early stages of development on the car kits we were not looking at making truck kits. The car kits are well under way in production now. Our sales people are not “in the loop” when it comes to what is happening in the R&D side of the company. If you walk into the Chevrolet dealer, do you think the salesman will be able to tell you what the next new thing is that’s in development at GM’s secret testing grounds?

I must have missed something along the way that said a person is allowed to advertise and sell his parts in the forum. I thought this was about sharing information that could help the truck community, NOT a private ad forum. No I would not be offended if some else mentioned that they have a similar product that they want to let the world know is available. I have not said that anybody’s parts are bad, or that anyone should stay away from a particular company/person.

If you have a good product at a good price I expect that people will buy it. I would have expected that you would want to use the new spindle with your parts to reduce the cost of your kit.

As for your inability to buy 1 piece of a kit: several years ago the deluxe track bar kit was redesigned to work with a C-notch kit. The kit was actually made by some else and CPP simply retailed the kit. After complaints about the C-notch kit not working I was asked to come up with an improved kit. The new kit is not compatible with the old kit, and you would need all of the parts for it to work. The sales man may not have explained it to you that way, or maybe the sales man was not being reasonable. I apologize that the sales person was lacking.

SCOTI I encourage you to make a 13” kit for everyone to use. I am not trying to stop you. GO FOR IT! But please, do not get offended because some else has a similar part. We have offered the Baer Kit for these trucks for more than 4 years now. They are pricy and take a long time for Baer to ship them. Their lead time was one of the reasons we looked into producing this kit.

Danny Nix
CPP
DKN is offline   Reply With Quote