View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: For All Screwed By 72cstc5 (carlos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONHOG View Post
Yep show up if he has a signed work order with $ figures your going uphill .
If not or he is beyond the original est. I'd show up to remove it (w/ the Police) You may or may not leave with it but you'll have a leg to stand on if Police make a report. Note current condition ! so he can't trash it.
Find a Officer that wants to help ! You'll be way ahead .
If you just call Police they wont want to show up . Unless you sneak them in
call 911 give the address and hang up .
Good luck ! Oh just thought of this . Is there a work order at this new shop ?
If not maybe the stolen vehicle route might be a good bet.
You guys are making it alot more difficult then it should be.

You call the cops, and report the vehicle stolen. Its at a shop and they wont release it. They will ask the shop owner (carlos) for a copy of the work order with the amount on it that you have signed, WHEN he cant come up with that, they will order him to release the vehicle. Then its up to carlos to sue YOU for the money he thinks he is owed.

I run a shop here in seattle, and its VERY easy for cust.s to get out of paying their bill.... Its on us as a shop to collect the funds.

Example. I called a cust. gave them an estimate for $2200 dollars of work, they ok'd it and it was about 11:00 am when they okd the work. Well, i forgot to put that in the computer, i later put that the cust. okd the work at 2pm. Cust. showed up, and said he didnt ok the work, i said you did and showed him the work order. He states he wasnt at that number at 2pm.... Long story short, we released the car and had to sue for the money. We lost.... Just because i didnt have the correct estimate in the computer...
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote