View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
Super73

Going under the knife. Will take pics while I work.

Well,

Since I started loosing a head gasket and wanted to do some suspension re-engineering, my truck is parked right now. I am going to be doing some changes again.

1) Making a new upper front shock mount to accomodate the Rancho 9000's I bought. This will be fairly straight forward and made out of 3/16 plate.

2) Making my own anti-roll bar. I found some 1 3/4" sway bar bushings online for a RV. They are made of poly material and I got 4 with the kit. Bar itself will be made from 1 3/4" .188 wall. The leverage arms will be made from 3/16 plate and the plates going on the rear.

3) Going to make a new panhard bar. Reason for doing this is to A) make it longer and B) remount it to be closer to axle centerline. By making it longer, there will be less rear side shift under a bump on the street (Since I do cruise it around).

4) Pulling the wood out of the bed so I can C-notch the rear frame. I think I am going to mount the anti-roll bar and the new panhard in the C-notch. I think it would be a clean look as well as maybe keep them out of the way.

5) I'm also going to redo the exhaust from the X back. Going to dual cut outs then knecking it to 2 1/2" after the cut outs and in to a single "two-in" 2 1/2" to a single 3" out. I'm hoping this quiets it down when corked. Some times I can't hear myself think in it right now.

6) Gonna swap in the poly bushings I have for the rear control arms.

7) Make a new front Crossmember that factory control arms will bolt to (might buy tubular replacement sooner than later).

8) Make a square frame tonue cover.

7/8 I might not get to this round.
1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote