View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 04:20 AM   #60
tylordurben

Re: 1950 GMC Project...

check page 2 on my build thread, somebody posted the motor mount and link, they may be what your looking for?

thank you Jimmy. i just had to "see" what ive been thinking about.

got some work done today...

mounted the 8 gallon air-tank. used the same box tubing as the trailing arms. cut to 3-3/4" then angle cut to make 2 halfs, trimmed the fronts and welded in place, drilled and bolted on. remember this is still mocking, everything will come off when i paint the chassis, and i couldnt have planed it better if i tried, the top of the tank is exactly 1" bellow where the bottom of the wood floor will be!

sometimes the smallest things require extra effort. this was the only location i could see mounting the air compressor, so i made an extension to the top of the chassis out of the same gauge metal, then located the 4 holes, drilled and so on. guess it does the job.

here is a final mock up with the valves, think it should fit between the mounts. im also thinking of making a sheet metal roof (so to speak) to cover the valves from rain? dunno. this truck may or may not see rain, better prepared than not i guess. was thinking a simple "L" that can be sandwiched on the top tank mounts and cantilever over the valve. dont know if its really needed though.

also removed everything off the fender wells. routed the wires up in the wheel wells and filled all the holes. now i just need to trim the wells for the MII and prep for paint.

thanks!
Yaril
tylordurben is offline   Reply With Quote