View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #221
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: '69 Longbed Daily Driver - Project

thanks for all of the feedback guys. i can't tell you how happy I am with how things turned out.

last night i had my first "incident" with the truck though...

i was driving home from an ICubs game outing around 9:30pm. I was reaching for my phone. just as i was pressing the speed dial for my wife i saw something brown out of the corner of my eye on the shoulder. Yeah, you probably already know where this is going.

well, a split second later i hear a thump da thump thump on the side of the truck.

I just kept going. i already had a pretty good idea of what happened, but i wanted to see it in the light, not in the dark. when i got to the gas station my fears were confirmed. It could have been much worse, but what i saw was an 8" dent on the cab, between the door and the bed. no paint cracked, and there were no scratches, just a dent.

when i got home i pulled out the body hammer and popped out as much as i could. now it's down to a 1-2" dent. Since i don't want to mess up the paint, i'll probably find a body shop to fix it the rest of the way.

anyways, that was last nights excitement. now lets just hope we don't have any more incidents like that ever again.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote