View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 06:51 AM   #75
tylordurben

Re: 1950 GMC Project...

well, i went ahead and cut the mounts so that they mount to the frame. i questioned there original position and decided to go ahead and put them where most of these trucks have them. sorry no pics of that, tomorrow.

well, i think the pace is going to pic up... i hope!

today, got the pinion angle dialed in and mocked up the drive shaft i had made for my dimensions. also got the front motor mounts cut, fitted and welded on (most of the way, gotta take out the motor to get to some other spots) and the trans cross member is secured (also need to remove to finish welding). readjusted the rear axle shock brackets and started those welds too. took apart the complete rear suspension. figured out the "column saver", cut my stock column and found out i got the wrong kit, so CPP is sending me the right one and im returning this one, at least its figured out and being worked out. wire wheeled the rear half of the chassis and coated it with some POR-15. that stuffs the best!

i have also lined up a bunch of parts in the meantime and now i only need to order the radiator and shorty headers tomorrow. i think ill be just about done ordering stuff, most everything else will be local purchases.

well, i wasnt trigger happy with the camara today, but i did manage to get these 2 shoots that show progress:

thanks, till tomorrow... got to buy more welding wire, i ran out of the thick one!!!

Yaril
tylordurben is offline   Reply With Quote