View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #63
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Re: Project "E.P."

Well, heres some updated progress pictures for you guys.

OMG OMG, WHAT DID HE DO THIS TIME?!?!

By dylanandrews, shot with DSC-P200 at 2008-06-01

It's a frame!!! With no bed over it!!!

Getting the bed off was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Started off thinking it would just be six easy bolts to pull out. Well it ended up being 8, which half of them broke in half and one of them had to have the head grinded off. The thing that was tough was grinding the head off with a dremel and a cutting wheel haha, not having the right tools when you need them sucks. Then came the actual picking up of the bed and moving it. Me and my friend thought we could do it but realized quickly it wasn't going to happen because we couldn't balance it from front to back to save our lives. So I waited for my dad and uncle to get home from their trip to Ft. Walton Beach. Got them home and we lifted it off (note: rusty bed bottoms=sliced open finger tips) I checked out the frame and the frame looks great. After giving it a quick hosing and scrubbing with an old rag the crossmembers almost look new! I'll show you those pics in the next post. I plan on taking the wire wheel and brush to it cleaning the back half of the frame then brushing on some por-15 that I'm buying this Friday after I get paid. I'm hoping to have this thing looking pretty decent.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan

Last edited by *Dylan; 06-02-2008 at 01:46 PM.
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote