View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 02:18 AM   #161
Rokcrln

Re: project INCREDIBLE HULK 6.2L with 6L80E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step View Post
kevin,
dunno who you talked to at what company.... but how it works is the ECM sences the throttle position, and load. if its within the limits it'll shut off 4 cyl. indeffently to conserve fuel....
how it does this is through oil pressure to 'special' two piece lifters....when in the 4cyl, mode the outer part of the lifter moves with the cam, but the inner part does not move.. I E the pushrod nor valves move either...when the ECM sences a change in the load (going up a hill), or more gas (pedal position chages outside the limits) it switches back to 8cyl. mode... it does this in meer milliseconds and cant not be detected, other then the exhaust tone....as a matter of fact those DOD cylinders receive less ware do to this function....

Scoti,
welcome to the club.....you know we'll require a thread with pics
I talked with Howell feul injection as well as street and performance and both said it is not worth doing. So for my 05 5.3L who would you recomend getting a harness from so this function stays active? I am trying to get the best MPG I can out of this truck. It has 3.27RP with the 4L60E but the whole cylinder dropping has me at a loss at this point. Any imput would be great.

Also I missed it last time but nice job on slicing the rocker to fit the door/fender profile. Most poeple don't take the time to do this and it really pays off in the end.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote