View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 01:18 AM   #227
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: '69 Longbed Daily Driver - Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
You know, I totally missed that you had actually done the fender mod. Nice job. Now your in the same boat I am with the inners. Just gotta make 4 into 2 Did you mod the hinges?

BTW, your truck is my favorite long bed!
missed your question here...

No i didn't mod the hinges, however, after seeing the discussion in your thread asking if it's needed or not, i went out and took a look at mine. Since there is plenty of room in there when aired up, i took some pics from inside the wheel well with the hood closed. I definitely need to trim the hinges as they look as if they'd slice the tire in two if they ever came in contact with the tread.

fortunately, i don't see my tires ever actually going up that high into the fender. for me i think it was just the tread of the tire rubbing on the bolts that hold the inner in. with your mod i have like 2" of clearance aired out.

I still haven't planned out exactly how i'm going to do the inners, however, with the cost and scarcity of good inners, i was planning on sectioning the inner, then fabbing up the filler plate from flat sheet metal. we'll see how it goes.
IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote