View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 03:19 AM   #123
Sinisterspeed

Re: Calling all 55-59's

Here is mine. I only did a couple things to get it running and bring it home. Used to belong to the the brother in-law since 89. He drove it to high school for a year then 1 year after and parked it in 91. I been bugging him about buying it since I married in about 5 years ago. Finally last Christmas he told me that 3k and he will make it drive home for me. Couple of payments later we drug it out from under the 3 tarps it was under and did the following:

200.00 New tank,
37.00 New Pick up tube,
14.00 Fuel pump,
50.00 Carb kit,
137.00 Master cyl.
300.00 bucks for the tires/whls on craigslist
and I drove it home.

Since then I did the brothers 1 piece windows, Headlight sw. and burned some gas on a 100 mile round trip.

Currently its waiting in line behind the 71 (hope to be roadworthy by the Aug 9th meet). But I am collecting ideas along the way.

After the price I couldn't let him pay for the repair parts so all in all I'm out 3750.00 when I got it home. Only cancer I can find in it anywhere are the btm of the drivers door and near the btm of the drivers front fender.

I am also currently getting this 55 BBW together for my Dad we picked up at the Portland swap meet for 1600.oo no motor/trans and NO RUST anywhere!

70 GMC Longhorn (A.K.A Money Bucket)
57 Chev 3100
05 Chevy LLY Dmax.
67 Chevy Camaro

Dad's Budget Build 55

My Longhorn Build

Last edited by Sinisterspeed; 06-14-2008 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Spellcheck!
Sinisterspeed is offline   Reply With Quote