View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 11:55 AM   #12
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Finally got word from PullinTV

Whew, what a night! The Nova decided to shear all the lugs off the drivers side slick at launch. What A Ride!!! Spit the slick out the quarter, destroyed the wheel, probably the disk and caliper,,,, Now I have PLENTY to do!! All I can say is no problem!! The alternative was for it to throw a wheel on the top end at 145. Could have been a real OUCHIE moment!

I guess if I had to put a number to the 'street' grade US body panels compared to the steel,,, The fenders, maybe 15 pounds each. The 66 fenders are not a heavy item in steel. The hood,, that's a different story as you well know. That is one HEAVY hunk of sheet metal, and this street grade glass hood is too. Ya know it sucks as I had the hood off for a motor swap just a few weeks ago and could have weighed it. ( just swaped out the short block for one I had with a little better internals, dropped the 5.7rod 383 into my sons Elky) All I can say is 2 men can handle the glass hood easily, One can NOT. Bulk and being so awkard to handle makes memory and estimates way exagerated.. but I'd say it's every bit of 60-70 pounds. Don't remember what the steel hood weighed, but I'd bet 80-100. Like I said, this is the 'street grade' of glass US Bodysource offers. There 'race weight' stuff is probably 1/5th the weight.

Now, I've got to go figure out how to get a three wheeled Nova out of the trailer and into the shop!!

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.

Last edited by Marv D; 06-15-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote