View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 03:53 AM   #2
Kracin

Re: 69 Fleetside, Build and Sell!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK! updates on the first post because i am lazy and didnt get this post up when i first got the truck, but alot of body work is complete after only 2 weeks of on and off time working on the truck.. i have to drive it to an auto port where you rent a stall/lift and use their area to do the work since i live in an apartment here on the island, good thing the autoport has lifts, tools, air tools, and everything you need.. even a paint booth, sand blaster, welding machines, pretty much anything to rebuild an entire car! for 2 dollars an hour hah.

so i ended up shaving the antenna off the truck as part of some of the first body work because i dont plan on having a radio like that in it, just a cd player with internal antenna, and decent sound system (as i said before, trying to sell to a certain crowd).

alot of other bodywork was done on the left and right side, and ill be posting updated pictures of those when i remember to get them off my camera. but the next thing done was i change the exhaust on the truck, it HAD a flowmaster exhaust system on it, and the system looked fairly new, but i cant stand a quiet v-8, the sound of the car is just as important as the appearance to me, so i went ahead and put on 2 2.5" 30"-long cherry bomb glass packs and have the exhaust routed out the side of truck on both sides. the truck sounds great now, and theres no question to whats under the hood when people hear it, and its definately not too loud as i tested the sound difference with and without the cherry bombs... big difference that a glass pack makes too.

more updates as more time gets put in.
Kracin is offline   Reply With Quote