View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #16
Kracin

Re: 69 Fleetside, Build and Sell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy71chevy View Post
To be completely honest....Fiberglass and old rust dont mix...just leads to lot bigger problems.If you have access to a welder the rest isnt gonna take to much time to resolve...they make a patch for that lip above the windshield and the rest is an easy peice to make from a small piece of sheetmetal...I know first hand what filling that spot on the roof with fiberglass does befause the ass jack before I owned it did it to mine....My drip rails are completely rusted away as well as part of the roof...Like said before if you aint gonna do it right...just leave it alone till you can,sell it to someone and buy something less rusty..classics are just that and its to nice to rig up for a quick profit to some poor dude who isnt suspecting it to be like that....Just my two cents
i still dont think your hearing what i was doing.... removing the rust.... if theres no more rust and its sealed up its not going to continue rusting away...

maybe i should just close this thread if people are so closed minded that they think that there is only 1 way to restore a car.. what if i were to take off all the bodypanels and make fiberglass replacements out of all of them, would i get flamed for that? and why would i get flamed for using fiberglass patching in areas that dont get any physical contact with anything besides a hand reaching for a visor... and patching an area that has been rusted away with fiberglass resin and cloth is a good way to do a patch, its in no way a way to do shotty work... only if th eperson putting the patch on doesnt do it right or doesnt take their time..
Kracin is offline   Reply With Quote