View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 02:51 AM   #18
Kracin

Re: 69 Fleetside, Build and Sell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcorriveau951 View Post
KRACIN, i think the problem that people are having id how you are wording what you are intending to do, quote "...and why would i get flamed for using fiberglass patching in areas that dont get any physical contact with anything besides a hand reaching for a visor... and patching an area that has been rusted away with fiberglass resin and cloth..." if you read your post again you can see where people are having issue with what you are doing. The main thing is that people on this board have all been burned by PO in one way or another and just want to make sure that doesnt happen to other hobbyist looking for a truck, just find find hidden problems. I know form personal experience what fiberglass repairs in rusted areas lead too, alot of problems and more rust. But the bottom line is that most members on here, from what ive seen, do not use fiberglass to repair metal panels when replacing with metal patch panels is just about the same amount of work in the end.
Hopefully you can understand what everyone is saying.

ok, i understand, but its never a good thing to post on something assuming the worst, they might as well save comments until something happens. i dont get why they would call a hole repaired with fiberglass, a hidden problem.... its a legitemate patch and easier for someone that cannot weld or doesnt have access to a welder and is on a budget and cant pay someone to do it for them.

please tell me eastwood is advertising wrong for their fiberglass repair stuff..http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...emType=PRODUCT.. that was just a quick search, but just like it was said before, its about HOW the repair is done, not what it was done with.

i myself have seen people who weld in new panels in all kinds of places, and do such a ****ty job with the welds and sealing it and grinding it down, that you can see where they put the patch in and it starts rusting and chipping in a matter of months.

ill stop threadjacking my own thread, and let my work do the talking for me so the others can be put at ease once the project starts coming together.

thanks for all the positive (and negative) replies, criticism is criticism right?

Last edited by Kracin; 06-25-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Kracin is offline   Reply With Quote