View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #21
PipsC10

Re: 69 Fleetside, Build and Sell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
Think about it, if it does not get anything but a hand touching it then why are you having to fix it? You have to fix it because it is rusted right? Then that tells me it is getting more than just a hand! Well if you glass it up it will just rust faster the next time. I am done until I see what and how you are going to fix things. I for one have probably done more rust repair on these trucks then most out their and see what bad metal welded patches and even good fiberglass patches turn into to very soon after the repair is done. It has never been a good fix in my book.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
I'm getting ready to do a few minor rust repairs. After reading this thread, I would like to add my uneducated thoughts. I have looked at all of Rokcrln's threads and I am confident that he knows his stuff when it comes to rust repair. I will be looking back at his threads for advice and guidence. I dont plan on selling my truck, but I don't want to build it over again either. Kracin, your doing the right thing by posting a thread and seeking advice. I dont know your background or experience with vehicles, but there is members here that have a ton of experience. If you want to see a low budget build done right, check out rokcrln's "low buck" build thread.