View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #58
Kracin

Re: 69 Fleetside, Build and Sell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68chevy68 View Post
I was in the military and had access to the on base shop. I was allowed to weld all day long. You should see about getting certified or just sell the truck as is and let someone who actually wants to do it right do the work. Sounds to me like you just need to purchase a car that runs, drive it and forget this whole truck thing till you are a little more motivated to do the work. Where there is a will, there is a way. You could purchase a 400 dollar welder and take it to a friends house, plug it in, start the resto. If you don't have the motivation for that, sell it.
wow, great advice, now i just need to drive around the suburbs of hawaii with a 12 pack, try to make a friend out of someone i dont know, and use their garage as my own... afraid it doesnt work like that here.

and using the word WAS is a good way to get things wrong, WAS is a term used when they didnt require things like certificates to weld and use cutting torches.

i havent in my life ever bought a car that ran and drove perfectly, the only way to own a car is to know as much as you can about it and bring it back to that perfect state it should be in, you save a boatload of money in the long run doing your own work, and it is more enjoyable knowing you did all the work or as much of it as you could

im just sorry there are so many people here that continue to make comments like "your thread is junk" and well, talking without knowing what the case is.

these certain people are the same kind of people that keep the younger crowd from wanting to get into classics or cars in general, ive met the type more than once, and im sorry this board has to deal with these guys, even if they feel like they contribute, i cant imagine what other posts chevydude has made about other peoples threads just because someone isnt doing things exactly the way he likes them done. (need i remind him a 4th time, that the only spot i planned on using fiberglass isnt going to need it anymore since i bought the metal replacement piece for it), problem is that hes still sore because i mentioned that i wanted to lower the truck, paint it black and orange, and sell it in the lemon lot (just a name, we all know its just a name!) on base after i finished with it.... to a kid.... oh and lets remember, people in the military... when they move, they move their car with them, and new people in the military, when they get to their station, need to buy a car, so its 90% more likely that a younger guy is gonna come look at the truck and i didnt want to put one in the lot that looked like his grandpa would drive it to the local show and shine 10 under the speed limit. it would be very easy to pick up all of the side mouldings, 4 pints of ice green paint and 2 pints of white and go to town making a two tone white and green resto style truck right?
Kracin is offline   Reply With Quote