View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Re: How low can i go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976K5CHALET View Post
Since the vast majority of my database filed away in my noodle is geared towards 4x4 K5's....i could use some advice. I have a 78 2wd K5 runner that i think i will dig in my box of goodies and swap in an 80 cab with A/C.....but that cab is a 4x4 and i hear the trans humps are different? Would like to clear that up....

Then i am going to rewire it with an 87 up complete tbi harness from a K5 with matching steering column....swap the intake over and add tbi and a 700R4 once i figure out what years of trux or cars can provide a donor 700 with appropriate length tail shaft housing etc.... (member...as carlos says....i'm Deet Da Dee with the 2wd stuff).

So....eventually i want it dumped bad with tucked up 20's or something crazy like a Dub City toy at walmart....but in the mean time....to use her as my shop go gitter....how low can i go with out porterbilts help etc....ie: xx spindles.....rear flip...shackles = xx can run factory rallies....

Smack me with some ideas guys....really wanna start in on this project instead of walking around it in the shop...lol.

DW

Wow.. Well I will just drop a little note after all that.. First the tubs in the floor are not the same, but you can just un bolt them and put a 2wd one in.

Now for the lowering, you can go crazy or just a simple drop with springs and spindles. Here is a a old pic that road good and looked good. 3" spindles 2" springs up front, now I did a flip kit with a set of 94 4x4 blazer leafs. but you can do a set of 2" shackles and take the stock 1 1/2" black out and the long leaf out to get it down. Hope all this helps..
Attached Images

tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote