View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 04:55 AM   #31
BigRed Beast

Re: You Chose a Blazer/Jimmy - WHY?

Ditto on the great thread...

I bought our '72 for my son, then 14. He'll be driving it in July of next year, so we still have alot to do. I've always loved the convertible part and thought he might like to be driving something that was cool, different, he could learn about and work on himself and, if he did it right, could last him all the way through college or longer. He surprised me at how much he liked the idea, so we started looking. Figured out pretty quick that the first gen was the way to go.

Drove some real beaters until we found this one--factory AC, everything but the vacuum gauge, slight cuts at the radio, typical rust, etc. Had a roll bar,
3" lift and decent wheels and tires and a double wall top. The crappy mileage may be a weird sort of benefit--he won't want to be driving it too much or it'll cost him big time. 4 x 4 is a bonus.

I guess, bottomline, the Blazer gives us time together, teaches him a thing or two about vehicles and, when it's all said and done, he'll have a unique truck that'll protect him and get him around in most any weather. Pretty cool!
BigRed Beast is offline   Reply With Quote