View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 06:26 AM   #32
special-K
Special Order

Re: You Chose a Blazer/Jimmy - WHY?

I know I already posted.But,I went to grab a picture and I instantly remembered another reason I bought this Blazer:

Not only had a meet the gal I ended up marrying who had two kids,I had just started sub-contracting and my`71 K/20 became my workhorse.I didn`t want to go 4 wheelin`in it and mess something up to where I couldn`t work,it was laiden with ladder racks/ladders,toolboxes/tools,and materials in the bed.I realized how cool it would be to have a work and a play truck.That`s when I really accepted the Blazer.I used to think,"What good is a Blazer when a truck can play and haul.Even back then I figured if it was just a passenger vehicle it should get better mileage.A truck can earn you that gas money.Well...the truck was earning the money to put fuel and goodies into the Blazer.The Blazer and K/20 made the perfect pair for work and play.That`s when I decided to go for the perfect trio and staed looking for a`71 Monte Carlo for my gal to drive.Ended up coming across a`63 Riviera and realized those were what the Monte was spun off of and got it.Man,those were the days...

I bought the Blazer after going to the beach with all four of us in the K/20,about 125 miles each way.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote