View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #16
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

Re: Sears...... (Rant)S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I agree that they should have replaced the individual sockets that you presented, with whatever they carry as a replacement.....But, it is not their fault that you bought the "wrong" thing. Meaning that I would not take 12 point socket for a 6 point. Personally I don't think it is right to expect them to.
Their wording is a bit vague.....and I suppose that it could be argued that "you are not satisfied" with the performance of the 12 point sockets, but is that really "fair"?
I didn't purchase the "wrong" product... I purposely bought a set of 6 point and a set of 12 point in both metric and standard sizes.
After more years of experience, i've found the 12 point sockets to strip out bolt heads easier and slip easier. The 12 and 6 point sockets cost exactly the same price.
The problem that i have, is that the guy at first said "yes, we will exchange your old sockets". Then when i bring in the sockets, his story changes to "oh, these sets aren't sold anymore"... and "now the new sets are larger with more sockets included and the 16mm isn't included in most sets".
I never asked him for "another set" even though i purchased a set, i just wanted "new" sockets that weren't gonna ruin my projects with rounded heads and busted knuckles. He gladly exchanged my 11 extensions just because they were "old". And even one of my 1/2" drive wrenches with obvious visible abuse dings from using it like a hammer.
I'm just upset that he would take all of my expensive junk for exchange, but then turn me down when i bring in 20 bucks worth of sockets.
When i go back in, i'll just simply go up and grab each individual socket, bring them up to the counter and explain what the last guy told me. If they won't take them for exchange, then i'll tell them they can keep them or toss them, cuz i don't want em.....
I have the amazing ability to hold grudges for extremely long periods of time.

Last edited by exmonkeypunk; 08-03-2008 at 05:53 PM.
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote