View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #43
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

Re: Sears...... (Rant)S

Well, after a full 50 hour week of using what tools i managed to stuff into my top box (4 thin droors and the lid) it's been decided that i am in serious need of more tools and some kind of roller.
The only roller that i own, is inheireted to me from my father who passed away a couple years ago. It's a very old waterloo from the early 70's i believe. I repainted it, so it looks decent, but the droors slide real rough. I'm uncertain whether or not i should take it into work being that it's got sentimental value. I don't want to destroy it, but at the same time it'd be used the way a box is meant to be. The Matco guy approved me for $3000 credit for a roller and $3000 worth of tools if i buy a roller. I was looking at a double bay box that's $2700 and would be the nicest thing i've ever owned. I could easily max out my credit with them and have all the tools i need for the time being.
It'd probably be around $50 or $60 a week in payments. I can afford the payments.
I am going to Re-Tool tomorrow morning to see if i can pickup any quality used tools. They sell alot of big brand tools for cheap. But, pocket cash can only buy so much, where as truck credit could get everything at once.... I just need to have a 10% deposit for whatever i get off the truck.
At work, i don't even have a set of standard sockets.
Just 3/8 metric sockets from 9mm up to 19mm.
a set of 3/8 deep sockets from 10mm up to 18mm.
a set of standard and metric wrenches mostly complete sizes.
A nice heavy hammer.
A dead blow orange hammer.
A bunch of extensions in random sizes.
a 1/4" air ratchet
A 1/2" impact gun
A set of short impact sockets metric.
range of screw drivers
3/8" socket wrenches
1/4" socket wrenches
1/2" socket wrenches
Set of 1/4" sockets standard and metric
a drop light
wire cutters and crimpers
a roll of electrical tape
a bic lighter
a battery brush
set of pick tools
that's basically it.

I'm working as a full on mechanic. Anything that comes in to be repaired, must be repaired, so i'm working on scraps man. Bare minimum.
I hate to owe so much money on tools, but, i really need them.
I keep cruising garage sales to try and find someone selling stuff for cheap, but no luck there. Same with craigslist. Everyone wants what their tools cost instead of what used is worth. Wow.... End rant for today. It's been a week since i've been on, so i have the right.
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote