View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 10:41 PM   #17
f.monroe

Re: 1973 Cheyenne Super 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Frank the more I see the pics the more amazed I am. That condition of this truck is totally amazing.

You mentioned in another post about changing wheels. I think this truck need a set of the factory alloy wheels. I can't remember exactly the years that they were available, but I bet Jeff or Chris can.

I'll find a pic so you know what I'm talking about.
Ken , I think I know the wheels you are talking about . They were also used on late 80's Suburbans . I should be getting a set in a day or two . They are clearcoated satin finish but I will polish them . I thought about them for the black truck until I get something better. For this one , I have thought about a set of L-78 15's on the original wheels . The hubcaps are pitted and I will have to replace them if I can find a nice set . The truck is nice . The pics help it a little but it is nice . I am in awe of the interior . No cracks in the dash at all .It is weird reaching for a shoulder strap and it not being there . Lap belts only . The lack of drip rails is another weird sight for me . The other neat thing about it is that our school colors (Caldwell, Tx ) are burnt orange and white .