View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 12:51 AM   #6
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

A little more progress: I got the passenger side inner rocker/floor sheet metal tacked into place. I must be getting better cause this went in pretty darn fast and lines up real nice. So since it went in so fast I also had time to get the lower b-pillar patch tacked into place. Based on how much this inner rocker/floor extension covers, I don't think I'm going to replace the floor sheet metal. All the through rust was removed, so the rest of the floor is just surface rust. I'd rather keep as much original metal as possible. I'll just clean up the surface rust and the POR15 it.

Good news: I got a phone call from the company I ordered my wheels from, and they've gotten them from the manufacturer. But, I'm doubting the tires I really want are available yet, so I'm just going to have them send me the wheels now, and I'll get the tires once they become available or find a different option.

More orders have been place. I ordered an Old Air A/C setup. I saved a little money off of the usual "kit" since I already have a compressor and condensor. I may have a little trouble getting all the lines made up; or it won't be a simple bolt in affair anyways.

I also got a set of longer u-bolts so I can get the nuts on

Also ordered some little knick knack parts that should be here in a few days....stuff like tailgate handle/rod clips and screws, stainless steel carraige bolts for the bed, radiator rubber pads and upper brackets, and a few other things.

I talked to a sales lady from Checkmate Tonneau cover about getting one of their covers. I have to do some measurements first, then i can order it.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote